Nancy Silverton’s Pizza Dough


Ever since I discovered how simple it was to make my own pizza dough, it’s become one of my favorite weeknight meals. And I was completely satisfied with mine…until I compared it to Pizzeria Mozza. Arguably the best pizza in L.A., the owners, Nancy Silverton (of La Brea Bakery) and Mario Batali (of Babbo) created the ultimate pizza – full of flavor, with a crisp crust, chewy center, and finished with creative toppings (like fennel sausage, panna, red onion, and scallions). My fiancé surprised me with the cookbook last week (fun fact: it’s the restaurant where we had our first date), and I’ve already made the pizza twice (recipe here). While it takes significantly longer to prep (since you create a sponge, which means half the flour needs to be aged), the results are well worth the wait.